Sunday, April 28, 2013

MODIFICATION: SEAT COVER

Well, the fender change was enough to make me want to try to freshen up the overall look of the now 10 year old bike. The next easy modification was removing the peeling decals and super custom reflective swing arm tape. I was then left with the awkward red / black original ATK seat, which didn't seem to match anything.

After seeing Zuminazx's bike on the ATK forum I put in an order to GUTS and 65 dollars later I was rewarded with new black goodness. The material is a heavy duty durable nylon, but the graphics differed than the ones showed on the website, so you should be aware that yours may be different as well.

I followed the instructions to staple the front then the back, and work your way to the middle, and with a little elbow grease it all set nicely over the old seat cover (Yeah, maybe I was lazy).

Note: The seat plastic is VERY hard, and it required the heaviest duty staple gun I could find.

Part # 17404-21-21
Cost: $65.90 + CA tax and shipping = $86.98

No comments:

Post a Comment