Tuesday, April 30, 2013

REPAIRS: SIDE PLASTIC MOUNTING BRACKET

Whether it is due to excess vibration or poor welding, it is not uncommon for the ATK owner to experience some weld failures on the rear subframe where the side number plate mounting bracket resides. There is also a contingent of ATK owners who who would like to find suitable replacement plastics for their ATK, but must turn to the available UFO KTM plastics (1996 ktm 300exc) as an alternative and thus have to relocate their mounting brackets. I found myself in the previous category rather than the latter, and after finding a local art welder (with a significant understanding of TIG welding thin aluminum), I had my panels secured for beer money.



While I was getting the bracket rewelded, I took the opportunity to replace the 12 mm bolts with 5 mm Allens for easier disassembly.


Cost: $20.00

No comments:

Post a Comment